Thank you for participating in this study.
If you haven't registered or completed the online training for the study please see link in the right column for you.
We hope you will enroll up to 10 couples in the study in the course of the coming year. You should have been provided invitation cards and back-up paper packets for several couples. To get more cards and back-up paper packets, contact our Research Director (Elizabeth).
1. Invite the couple to participate in the study at the beginning of the intake session. (If existing patients, offer at the next session). Answer any questions.
2. If yes, give them the invitation card with the website address.
3. They need to complete the onlineconsent and intake questionnaires prior to leaving your office at that meeting. Either before or after the session is acceptable.
The couple completes an online survey each session. Encourage them to complete these surveys immediately before or after each session. Check in with them each time to make sure they are completing the surveys.
*Note: For paper back-up copies, you may print this New Couple Packet.
4. As the therapist, go online and complete the session checklist after the couple's session. Do this each time you meet with them.
5. Set up and keep your Tracking Sheet in a safe place (client's file or your own research study file) so you have a record of which couples are participating, their street name (which is their pseudonym for the study), and dates of sessions as the couples progress through the study. They will likely ask you which session number they are at, and you should cue when it is session 6 (end of study).
6. At Session 6 (or termination if prior to session 6), the online SurveyMonkey system will automatically give you and the couple extra questions.
7. Fax or email the completed tracking form to us, which cues us for payment of your $5/ sessionhonorarium.
Presentations from this research study
After registration you should participate in a brief online OR live training- your choice. You do receive $10 for doing the training- arrives with your first couple's check.
If you prefer a live training contact us at email@example.com
2. Link to a few questions after the video to ensure we were clearly communicating to you. You should get at least 90% on these questions before you begin to enroll couples in the study. You can retake as needed.
We created this "tip sheet" to walk through the process of inviting a new couple, especially for the first time when it's new to you.
Grab a tracking sheet we gave you in your packet, or print a new one. Write down their info.
When you have a couple session, fill out this session checklist (preferably same day for memory's sake).
That's all! You did it! And research history was made!
Contact us if you have any questions or issues we can help you resolve. Our job is to make the research study work within your normal practice style.
Elizabeth Loewer, Research Director
Phone: (757) 797- 4015